Still Irrigating Based On Guesswork?
Precision watering with your tailored 7 day irrigation forecast and realtime soil monitoring
- Combining satellite and weather data get your 7 day evapotranspiration (ET) forecast, as well as daily readings, all specific to your vineyard
- Stop planning your watering based on a weather station 15km away that is not calibrated for grape vines!
- Know your watering is spot every single time using realtime feedback from our soil moisture probes.
- Finally have a single application for all your soil, weather and irrigating information and control.
As vineyard manager you carry the weight of winemaker's expectations on your shoulders every vintage.
Relieve some of the burden by being confident your vines are getting precisely the amount of water they deserve.
Download our evapotranspiration and crop co-efficient explainer which includes additional information on the Smart Soil Starter kit
Special pricing until June 30 & a limited number of kits left !
Download our ET Explained ebook:
Optimise Water Balance Without the Guesswork
- Using BoM data we give a seven day evapotranspiration (ETo) forecast, (i.e. how many mm will I lose from my soil over the next week). Using satellite imagery we apply a correction (Kc) ensuring the forecast is specific to your vines and location.
- We also record daily ETo via your Davis weather station, and again apply a correction to ensure it is specific to your vines.
- Combining ET forecasts and observations with rainfall, temperature and irrigation data, plan irrigating with confidence from the convenience of your phone or office.
- Receive constant feedback, via our soil moisture sensors, and optimise your efforts to maintain a healthly water balance and efficient use of this precious resource.
Read our ET demystified primer here
What are the Benefits?
PROACTIVE PLANNING WITH 7 Day ET forecast
Plan your irrigation with confidence using our 7 day evapotranspiration (ET) forecast combined with daily ET from your Davis weather station
KNOW YOUR WATERING IS SPOT ON EVERY TIME
Get realtime feedback when irrigating using our soil moisture probes, finally taking the guesswork out how much and for how long.
on Web & mobile
Tend to your crop from the palm of your hand with realtime soil monitoring and weather observations, and spend more time on the things that actually add value to your operation.
FINALLY EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE
With our clean and simple app, you'll have just one place for all your weather information, soil condition monitoring and irrigation scheduling.
First things first, evapotranspiration, usually abbreviated to ET, is not the same as evaporation It is all about the movement of liquid water from vegetated areas up into the atmosphere. Evaporation on the other hand, is when water on the surface of soil, plant leaves, or rivers and lakes is converted, due to heating, into water vapour and transferred into the atmosphere.
ETo is called reference evapotranspiration and is usually derived using equations like the Penman-Monteith equation. It is based on the evapotranspiration of a 'reference' crop being a wide area of green grass about 12cm in height, well watered and actively growing which is completely covering the ground.
ETo is what the Bureau of Meteorology and most weather station provide, however it's not the best choice unless you're planning on growing nothing but 12cm high grass! To be useful we need to apply a correction so that the ET value reflects the type of crop we are actually growing.
Kc is the crop coefficient and it the correction value we apply to ETo. There’s published values for everything from broccoli to pineapples to wine grapes. However there’s one problem with applying just a single value, as many growers and agronomist do, for the entire season; our crop’s evapotranspiration and watering needs change over time.
Enter the Dynamic Kc
Using satellite imagery we are able to determine a dynamic Kc value for your specific location and crop, as the season the progresses. This means both the daily observed ET and forecast ET accurately reflect your location and type of crop, and your irrigation planning will be far more precise than just using plain old ETo.
ETc is the crop evapotranspiration value, once the Kc has been applied and this is what we provide to growers through our Smart Soil Starter Kit.
Precipitation Loss, Australia
Given that near on 90% of moisture will be lost from your soils through evapotranspiration, accurately being able to predict and measure it is so important to
Otherwise you just stabbing in the dark and probably wasting water and money!
Learn the in's and out's of evapotranspiration and crop coefficients with our FREE ebook:
DON'T RUN DRY THIS SUMMER
Don't let yourself be this grower when things warm up.