Irrigate without the guesswork
Tailored 7 day evapotranspiration forecast plus realtime soil monitoring
Do you hear yourself saying: "Why can't irrigating just be easy?"
Well now it can!
- Know exactly how much soil moisture you're losing each day, with evapotranspiration (ET) readings calibrated to your vineyard and the time of season.
- Get a 7 day ET forecast which is also calibrated for your vineyard and the time of season.
- Have constant access to realtime measurements of available soil moisture.
- No longer guess; make accurate and informed decisions of when and how irrigate.
Master your vineyard's moisture needs and maintain a healthy water balance all season long.
Use the Smart Soil Starter kit from ENVIROEYE and stop using guesswork or ET data from a weather station kilometres way.
We have a limited number of packs with introductory pricing until July 30 - Don't delay !
Complete the form to learn more:
Optimising vineyard water balance without the guesswork
- Obtain reference evapotranspiration (ETo) from the Davis weather station installed in your vineyard.
- Take BoM data and forecast reference evapotranspiration (ETo) for the next 7 days
- Use satellite imagery to derive a dynamic ETo correction (crop coefficient Kc), specific to your vineyard and the time of season.
- Present ET data (ETc) that is specific to your vineyard and time of season using our dynamic crop co-efficient (Kc)
- Maintain a constant and accurate view of available soil moisture, giving confidence your irrigation treaaments are spot on every time..
Read our ET demystified primer here
What are the Benefits?
PROACTIVE PLANNING WITH 7 Day ET forecast
Plan your irrigation with confidence using your vineyard specific 7 day evapotranspiration (ET) forecast, combined with daily ET from your Davis weather station
KNOW YOUR WATERING IS SPOT ON EVERY TIME
Get realtime feedback when irrigating using our soil moisture probes, finally taking the guesswork out how much and for how long.
Access detailed weather forecasting & history
Access detailed short-term and long-term weather forecasts aggregated some a number of sources. Maintain access to historical weather data specific to you vineyard as well as region.
on Web & mobile
Care for your vines from the palm of your hand with realtime soil monitoring and weather observations, and spend more time on the things that actually add value to your operation.
FINALLY EVERYTHING IN ONE PLACE
With our clean and simple app, you'll have just one place for all your weather information, soil condition monitoring and irrigation scheduling.
First things first, evapotranspiration, usually abbreviated to ET, is not the same as evaporation It is all about the movement of liquid water from vegetated areas up into the atmosphere. Evaporation on the other hand, is when water on the surface of soil, plant leaves, or rivers and lakes is converted, due to heating, into water vapour and transferred into the atmosphere.
ETo is called reference evapotranspiration and is usually derived using equations like the Penman-Monteith equation. It is based on the evapotranspiration of a 'reference' crop being a wide area of green grass about 12cm in height, well watered and actively growing which is completely covering the ground.
ETo is what the Bureau of Meteorology and most weather station provide, however it's not the best choice unless you're planning on growing nothing but 12cm high grass! To be useful we need to apply a correction so that the ET value reflects the type of crop we are actually growing.
Kc is the crop coefficient and it the correction value we apply to ETo. There’s published values for everything from broccoli to pineapples to wine grapes. However there’s one problem with applying just a single value, as many growers and agronomist do, for the entire season; our crop’s evapotranspiration and watering needs change over time.
Enter the Dynamic Kc
Using satellite imagery we are able to determine a dynamic Kc value for your specific location and crop, as the season the progresses. This means both the daily observed ET and forecast ET accurately reflect your location and type of crop, and your irrigation planning will be far more precise than just using plain old ETo.
ETc is the crop evapotranspiration value, once the Kc has been applied and this is what we provide to growers through our Smart Soil Starter Kit.
Precipitation Loss, Australia
Given that near on 90% of moisture will be lost from your soils through evapotranspiration, accurately being able to predict and measure it is so important to
Otherwise you just stabbing in the dark and probably wasting water and money!
DON'T RUN DRY THIS SUMMER
Don't let yourself be this grower when things warm up.